The Doctor, from a race called the Time Lords/Ladies whose home planet is Gallifrey, travels through time and space in his/her ship the TARDIS (an acronym for Time and Relative Dimension In Space) with numerous companions. From time to time he/she regenerates into a new form (which is how the series has been running since 1963).
Is Doctor Who available on any streaming services in the UK?
Buy Physical Media Doctor Who
Buy / Rent Doctor Who
Download and keep movies. Availabiliy will depend on title and region.
Runtime: 45 min Main Language: English
First Aired: 2005-03-26
Total Number of Episodes: 147
Total Number of Series: 12
Latest Episode: Season 12 episode 10 The Timeless Children (2)
The Cybermen are on the march. The last remaining humans are hunted down. Lies are exposed, truths are revealed, and for the Doctor nothing will ever be the same.
- Specials: The specials of the British science fiction television series Doctor Who include the yearly Christmas specials as well as anniversary episodes, preview episodes, webisodes, and all other non-season episodes. Also included is the series Doctor Who Extra.
- Series 1:
- Series 2:
- Series 3:
- Series 4:
- Series 5:
- Series 6: The Doctor returns, alongside newly weds Amy and Rory, to face monsters and mysteries and adventures all across time and space. Together they find themselves in sixties America, battling the invasion the world forgot, then aboard a pirate ship on the high seas of 1696, to solve the mystery of the Siren. In a bubble universe at the edge of reality, the Doctor meets an old friend with a new face.
- Series 7: Doctor Who's seventh series was the show's third and final series in which Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill played the eleventh incarnation of the Doctor and his companions Amy Pond and Rory Williams respectively. Gillan and Darvill departed the series in the fifth episode, after which a new companion named Clara Oswald joined the Doctor, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman, remaining with the series for its second half. Smith stayed for one year longer than Gillan and Darvill, and will depart the series after the 2013 specials.
- Series 8: The season ushers in an exciting new era for the show as Peter Capaldi steps into the role of the Doctor. Fans first got a glimpse of Capaldi's Doctor in November's 50th Anniversary Special, and again in the final minutes of last year's Christmas Special, but the upcoming season premiere marks the first full episode for the Twelfth Doctor. Capaldi will be joined by Jenna Coleman, who returns as companion Clara Oswald, and Samuel Anderson who joins the cast as Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill School where Clara also works.
- Series 9: Now that the Doctor and Clara have established a dynamic as a partnership of equals, they’re relishing the fun and thrills that all of space and time has to offer. Tangling with ghosts, Vikings and the ultimate evil of the Daleks, they embark on their biggest adventures yet. Missy is back to plague the Doctor once more, the Zygons inspire fear as they shape-shift into human clones, and a new arrival moves in cosmic ways.
- Series 10: Doctor Who, Season 10 sees Peter Capaldi embark on his thrilling final chapter as the Twelfth Doctor as well as the introduction of brand new companion Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts and the return of Matt Lucas as Nardole. Fantastic adventures and terrifying monsters await the team of heroes as they journey through space and time. Expect laughter, danger and exhilarating escapades in this final season under the helm of lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat.
- Series 11:
- Series 12:
Doctor Who Trailers and Clips
We are checking multiple subscription streaming services to find where you can watch Doctor Who without spending extra. If you cannot see a service above you subscribe to, follow the link to find out more about signing up. If Doctor Who is not on a service you subscribe to you may still be able to buy or rent the see above.